We at Chapter One believe that web3 will be fundamentally shaped and built by students getting involved today. Please see below for more details.
Cohort #2 | Spring 2023
Chapter One recently concluded programming for the 2nd cohort of the Web3 Research Program for Spring 2023. Applications for future Fall & Spring cohorts will be announced on Twitter @chapterone.
What is the Chapter One Research Program?
The program is…
- A 10-week long journey researching different web3 verticals and working directly with Chapter One team and founders
- A space for students to learn, work & research together with likeminded peers
- An opportunity to work directly with web3 founders and gain hands-on industry experience
- A great chance to build and expand your personal portfolio of web3 conten
Who should apply?
This program is for you if you…
- are excited to explore different topics in web3 and dive deeper into various verticals
- work with other highly ambitious college students around the world
- think venture capital and research sounds like an interesting career path
- are not working a full-time job during the dates of this program
Over the duration of the program, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the Chapter One team, portfolio company founders and other researchers.
Selected students will experience the following:
- Kick-off with the whole Chapter One team and all other researchers
- Weekly all-hands meetings to share successes, ask questions, and just have a great time together
- Weekly 1:1 coffee chats with your peers and the Chapter One team
- Weekly fireside chats with industry experts and founders on a variety of topics. We will equip you with the skills you need to find your right place in web3.
- …And (not surprisingly 😉): A three-dimensional research approach:
- Individual research starting in week 2 of the program. Each researcher will be encouraged to publish at least three content pieces over the duration of the program.
- Collective research and ideation with 2-3 other researchers, groups built based on interests and ideas. We will allow for exploration and brainstorming in some of the weekly all-hands meetings and dedicated pod calls. Our last cohort was structured around infrastructure, DeFi and consumer.
- Portfolio-company collaboration (mainly on an individual basis): Depending on capacity, research topic interests, and our founder’s demands, researchers will also be able to potentially support some of our portfolio companies with specific research projects.
- Demo Day in the final week of the program with the Chapter One team as well as alumni from the first cohort
Researchers will be publishing on Twitter, but will be highly encouraged to play with different forms of media and platforms like Farcaster, Medium, Mirror, or anything else that excites you.